Taxation & Tax Law
Our business planning, estate planning and real estate attorneys employ the tax law to add value to our clients’ businesses and transactions. We advise clients on a broad range of tax issues, from corporate reorganizations to tax exemption qualification and planning for local non-profit organizations. We offer a thorough knowledge of new business structures, such as limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships and other unincorporated entities.
We believe it is imperative to remain current with the latest developments in the tax arena. As tax laws evolve and change, our goal is to anticipate those changes and develop strategies and techniques that can reduce transactional costs for our clients.
We can provide tax advice in the following areas:
- Tax controversies, such as audits, appeals and civil litigation
- Tax planning, including advising clients on the tax consequences of business and financial transactions
- Design and administration of tax-qualified retirement plans, profit-sharing plans, fringe benefit plans and non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements
- Structuring and financing real property transactions, including Section 1031 like-kind exchanges
- Estate planning
- Federal and Ohio estate tax planning and return preparation
- Fiduciary income tax planning and fiduciary income tax return preparation
- Real Estate Tax Valuation